Worshipping Christ together with Minds that search, Hearts that share, and Lives that serve.
We believe that we are called by God for:
the proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind;
the shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God;
the maintenance of divine worship;
the preservation of the truth;
the promotion of social righteousness;
and the exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world
The Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Cleburne was organized in 1868, and in 1904 the Congregational Church joined with the Cumberland congregation. Two years later they became known as the Anglin Street Presbyterian Church. A separate congregation was formed in 1875, and was known as the First Presbyterian Church.
The United Presbyterian Church of Cleburne came into being Sunday, October 15, 1972 when the congregations of Anglin Street and First Presbyterian voted to merge the two churches that were within a block of each other. The current church facilities, located on the corner of Nolan River Road and Westhill Drive were dedicated in 1978. In March of 2012 we called our new Pastor, Rev. Kenny Rigoulot and in October of 2012 we celebrated 40 years of worshipping together.